Tuesday, April 11, 2006

"I choose vodka. And, Chaka Khan."

Okay, so I havent chosen vodka, yet. Although given my situation, it sometimes seems like a nice resort. However, I will not shy away from Chaka Khan. For all of you guys who recognize that line- congrats. You've seen Bridget Jones' Diary, a hilarious movie about a woman who searches for love in all the wrong places, and who goes through some extraordinarily awkward situations. If you havent seen it, I give it my stamp of approval.

Now, what does this have to do with Gay-Mormon blogging? Simply that, while at a personal low, Bridget chose not to give up. No, she chose vodka. And Chaka Khan. Although I choose not to drown my sorrows away with vodka, I have no problem running away from them (as most of you know.) This time I will/have been using fabulous music to help me escape. My escape will surely be short lived, but an escape it will be.

Now since I see we are all stressed gay-mormons, I think all of us could use a little escape. You are free to add a little vodka to the mix, if thats you're fortee. I have nothing against it in fact. lol.

But, for a select few of you Gay Mormons- I will now make a few recommendations on some (rather gay) tunes... to hopefully get some laughs from you all. Laughs arent common enough these days.

Gay Mormon: You need some CHER, "Its in his kiss." I realize you do have someone to kiss.... so kiss him!

Elbow: I think you could use some Britney Spears "Boys"....cant live with them, cant live without them, says Mrs. Spears. The song isnt my favorite of hers...but the words should make you laugh (I like "oops! I did it again" though- a close second for you).

Foxx: How about "Vogue" by Madonna? I think Utah / AZ needs to be shaken up a little bit :)

Doktor2be: The choice here is obvious: Shakira... now what songs... "Hips done lie" is a new good one. If you're looking for more traditional - SPANISH- Shakira, then I'd go with "Escondite Ingles" or "Las de la intuicion" (yeah, I know what its about....but that doesnt make it a bad song!)

Protean: You have been hard at work in school. How about something crazy and fun. "S.O.S." by Rihanna. (I wont lie, its a personal favorite at the moment.)

El Veneno: How about some Gwen Stefani. I dont know of any person who hates her. How could you hate her? She is simply too cool. Provo needs a makeover with "Whatchu' waiting for?"

I hope you all enjoy the songs... or if you hate what I've recommended for you... take 5 minutes out for yourself and relax. Everything will be okay. P.S. I am not as flaming gay as I sound in these posts... lol... I promise. It is fun to be a little flamboyant though sometimes :)

6 comments:

Dave said...

I'm following your suggestions and putting on those songs to go to bed to, so thanks. I love "Hips Don't Lie" and especially the video.

elbow said...

Good choice. Good song. Good suggestion.
Thanks. That was a really fun post.
What song did you choose for yourself?

DCTwistedLife said...

My song(s) include:

Madonna- Material Girl
Madonna- Sorry
Janet Jackson- Go Deep
Mary J Blige- No more cryin'
Stunt- Raindrops

meg said...

oh, you gay boys and your divas!

eleka nahmen said...

And just where is the techno on these lists? And you call yourselves gay *shakes head*

Allow me to suggest:
Soda Club - Keep Love Together
Alice Deejay - Lonely One
Sylver - Forever In Love
Lasgo - Blue

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.